November 15, 2012

The Gospel

Today I am grateful for the Gospel.

Truly I do not know how I would get through any heartache and pain without the knowledge and peace from the Gospel. It is true that at times the "natural man" in me wishes to be angry, to be bitter, and to rebel. Sometimes you just don't know where to direct your negative feelings at or where to point the reason for your pain. I know that is Satan working against me. I know that doing this only causes me to be that much more miserable. Whenever I am close to my Savior and Heavenly Father by consistently praying and attending church, miraculous things happen. I receive personal revelation and feel of Their love. I know that they weep with me. I know that They wish to help me through this if I only let them. I know that They want what is best for me. The Gospel truly has given me so much guidance and joy in this life. It is at times such great respite and relief. I recently was called to be 1st counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. I feel that these young women are saving me right now. I so enjoy seeing them at activities and teaching them each week. I get so much joy from them. I am grateful that Heavenly Father trusts me to work with his youth and that he loves me enough to receive the blessings that come from fulfilling callings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment