November 19, 2012

The Atonement

Today I am grateful for the Atonement.

Heaven knows I make many mistakes. And will continue to do so. Satan tries to put lies into our heads making us feel that we cannot repent because we are too far gone or have made too big a mistake. Surely Heavenly Father does not want to talk to us anymore. Lies! I know I've fallen for this many times. Our Heavenly Father ALWAYS wants to talk to us. He ALWAYS wants to forgive us. He ALWAYS loves us, no matter the transgression. It says in the scriptures that even if we make the same mistake 77 x 7 times, we will still be forgiven. That brings me so much comfort. There is always a way back. Sorrow, pain, and guilt can always be replaced with joy, love, and forgiveness. I know that the Atonement has been such an amazing thing in my life. I am so grateful for a Savior that was willing to sacrifice his own life for us to have this incredible gift. He knows and understands how we feel. This also brings such great comfort as often we feel so lonely and that no one understands how we feel. Christ does. He has felt the pain you experience. What a unique connection that is with our Savior. Oh how joyous it is to know that we can always become clean and pure again and feel close to our Heavenly Father and Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment