November 16, 2012

My Upbringing

Today I am grateful for my upbringing

I am so grateful for the childhood my parents provided. I have incredible parents that have taught me thee most valuable lessons to live a successful life. I currently work at a residential treatment center for troubled teens. These girls have so many issues due to bad parenting, unsafe environments, and trauma. It is so sad to see these girls suffer and struggle so much. They do not deserve that. It helps me to realize what a great home I came from. I am so lucky to have been taught how a strong marriage works, healthy coping skills, and my worth. I was able to grow and develop in a stable environment with everything I ever could have needed or asked for. My parents and siblings showed me how a loving family functions. My parents loved me enough to tell me no. To keep me away from trouble and things that would corrupt my life. I always knew I was loved. I always knew I was safe. I always knew that my future was bright. I am so grateful for these things as they have truly shaped the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that we don't realize how important the gospel, family, and good marriage is until we see others who don't have that. I think we live in a bubble sometimes and don't realize that other people don't have it as good. I llearned that lesson working at the hospital. We truly are blessed and are so fortunate to have the principles of the gospel to govern our lives. We are so blessed as parents to have children who have stayed true to those principles. I love you very much and am prod to be your Mom.

    ReplyDelete