November 13, 2012

Thankful

I wish I would have started this sooner, but I want to focus each day on something I am thankful for. I am so incredibly blessed and have so much to be happy for. What better time to begin focusing on my blessings than the thanksgiving season? I truly believe that when we count our blessings and focus on the good, we can be so much happier even when there are deficits that we wish were different.

Today I am thankful for my husband.
Oh how grateful I am for him. I cannot even imagine going through life without him. He has shown me parts of him that I have been so impressed with these past few years. He is compassionate, understanding, and the best listener a girl could ever ask for. He always seems to see through my irrational behaviors and helps to get me back to being focused and positive. Even if we never have children, life with him is a pretty good life to live. Challenges can bring great strain onto marriages. I feel that Jordan is my priority and he always will be. I will never allow anything to cloud that. I love something that Jordan pointed out to me once. He told me that our marriage truly is the most important thing in this life. Children are extensions of this divine blessing, but the heart of it is the marriage. Marriage is the relationship that will get us into the Celestial Kingdom. Our children will be with their spouses. He pointed out that so often people get divorced and separated because of issues with their children and their families. Marriage should be the number one priority that both husband and wife should be actively working to nurture and better the relationship. 

1 comment:

  1. You are truly inspiring! I have spent the last hour reading post after post and been uplifted by all of your sweet words. No matter what anyone is struggling with, I think we can all be strengthened by reading this. Thank you for being so brave to share all of your personal experiences. It sounds like you are doing really well!

    ReplyDelete